At a glance
- 3 to 8c
- 250 m
The Mandatory Warning
Rock climbing is not something you do after watching YouTube videos. If you’re not an experienced rock climber, get professional help; there are dozens of licensed mountain guides in Slovenia.
A Few Notes
- The crag is in a pine forest facing east.
- Spring and autumn mornings are fantastic. It’s too cold in the winter, and supposedly the summer evenings could be pleasant. When dropping by in June, I try to be there around 8 AM and leave before 11 AM.
- Some of the climbs are still sparingly bolted. Think before climbing.
- You might find the grades demotivational. Use them as rough guidance, and start with something that’s way below your top performance.
- The climbs are short, and the crux is usually just a few moves. It’s almost like bouldering on a rope. Some people love it; others hate it.
- The easy climbs get crowded over the weekends, but if you’re comfortable climbing 6b, you’ll still have a wonderful experience.
- Did I mention the crowds? Footholds on popular climbs tend to be well-polished.