Abouts » Climbing in Slovenia: Guidebooks
So you’re a proficient rock climber and you’re looking for information about sport- and trad climbing in Slovenia? Here we go…
Note: If you don’t fit the above description, you might want to start here.
- plezanje.net is the ultimate online resource. It’s a Slovenian-only site, but that shouldn’t be a problem in the world of Google Translate.
- Primorske stene is a lovingly-curated web site of trad routes around Soča valley.
- Slovenske stene is another quickly growing online portal focused on trad climbing.
- All (public) sports climbing crags in Slovenia are described in Slovenia Climbing Guidebook.
- There’s a similar guidebook describing a selection of multi-pitch climbs.
While one would hope for a comprehensive guidebook covering trad climbs, the situation remains pretty hopeless – there are a dozen guidebooks covering various areas, most of them only in Slovenian and out-of-print.