At a Glance
- Pleasant tour on a mix of gravel and asphalt roads
- 690 m
- Average time
- 3 h
- Elevation gain
- 370 m
- 25.8 km
- I usually park at Divje Jezero (Wild Lake). You could drive all the way to the Lajšt (confluence of Idrijca and Belca rivers, also a natural bathing area), but then you’d miss half the fun.
- Bike along the river, then take the left road after Lajšt (signs for klavže).
- The asphalt road turns into a well-maintained gravel road after the last houses, becomes a bit steeper, and brings you to Brusove- and later Putrihove Klavže.
You could turn around at Putrihove Klavže and return to wherever you left the car, but it’s more fan (and not too strenuous) to continue to the Idrijca Valley:
- Stay on the same gravel road until you reach Krekovše (a small cluster of houses including a hunting lodge).
- Follow the leftmost road, then take the right (descending) one at the next junction.
- After crossing the Idrijca River, turn right and follow the river to return to Lajšt and Divje Jezero.
Map of the Route
The map shows the path we took as recorded by the GPS receiver. Never trust a GPS track wholeheartedly; rely on your senses and maps.