I’m too old for hard-core mountain- or cross-country biking, but I still prefer gravel roads and dirt trails with an occasional (careful) single-track descent over asphalt. If that sounds familiar, you might find my collection of bike tours useful.
- The biking tours are the green dots on the above map. Hiking trips with English descriptions are red, hikes without descriptions are gray.
- I started publishing my tracks in early 2021. Don’t expect miracles.
- I’m publishing GPX files instead of turn-by-turn descriptions.
- You’ll find notes attached to every tour, identifying interesting places worth visiting, navigational hints, or alternate paths.
- I usually drive to somewhere and bike from there. The starting point is usually where I managed to park my car. You might also find parking opportunities in tour description.
Šentviška Gora Roundtrip (14 km, Δ=350 m)
Trstelj from Komen (27.1 km, Δ=590 m)
Strug Gorge and Klavže (25.8 km, Δ=370 m)
Idrijske Krnice (19 km, Δ=810 m)
Karst Villages between Hruševica and Pliskovica (16.3 km, Δ=210 m)
Abram (Nanos) from Vrhpolje (22.9 km, Δ=830 m)
Mrzli Vrh from Žiri (10.5 km, Δ=510 m)
Smrečje and Smrekova Lazna (28 km, Δ=720 m)
Zavratec Plateau Trail (16.7 km, Δ=370 m)
Klek Alp (21.7 km, Δ=410 m)
Biking to Čaven Mountain Hut (14 km, Δ=370 m)
Zajamniki and Uskovnica (20.1 km, Δ=410 m)
Mala Lazna (13.8 km, Δ=420 m)
Lokvarski (Šebreljski) Vrh (18 km, Δ=850 m)
Šebrelje by Bike (8 km, Δ=400 m)
Šentviška Gora (22 km, Δ=580 m)
Široko on Banjšice Plateau (13 km, Δ=590 m)
Oblakov Vrh from Dolenja Trebuša (19 km, Δ=600 m)
Javoršček Vista Point (9 km, Δ=310 m)
Korita above Drežniške Ravne (16.9 km, Δ=560 m)
Drežnica (9.6 km, Δ=300 m)
Biking to Kojnik (15.5 km, Δ=400 m)
Abitanti from Gračišče (27 km, Δ=470 m)
Biking to Kuk and Lačna (18.7 km, Δ=430 m)
Southern Slopes of Nanos (17.6 km, Δ=600 m)
Exploring the Ressel Trail (20 km, Δ=730 m)
Javorniki Ridge from Rakov Škocjan (33.8 km, Δ=840 m)
If you love biking on gravel roads through beech forests (autumn colors could be beautiful), the Javorniki ridge might be just what you’’re looking for.
For everyone else: the ascent is pretty steep, and there are no views. Try Slivnica.