I’m too old for hard-core mountain- or cross-country biking, but I still prefer gravel roads and dirt trails with an occasional (careful) single-track descent over asphalt. If that sounds familiar, you might find my collection of bike tours useful.
- The biking tours are the green dots on the above map. Hiking trips with English descriptions are red, hikes without descriptions are gray.
- I started publishing my tracks in early 2021. Don’t expect miracles.
- I’m publishing GPX files instead of turn-by-turn descriptions.
- You’ll find notes attached to every tour, identifying interesting places worth visiting, navigational hints, or alternate paths.
- I usually drive to somewhere and bike from there. The starting point is usually where I managed to park my car. You might also find parking opportunities in tour description.
Javoršček Vista Point (9 km, Δ=310 m)
Korita above Drežniške Ravne (16.9 km, Δ=560 m)
Drežnica (9.6 km, Δ=300 m)
Mrzli Vrh from Žiri (10.5 km, Δ=510 m)
Biking to Kojnik (15.5 km, Δ=400 m)
Abitanti from Gračišče (27 km, Δ=470 m)
Biking to Kuk and Lačna (18.7 km, Δ=430 m)
Southern Slopes of Nanos (17.6 km, Δ=600 m)
Exploring the Ressel Trail (20 km, Δ=730 m)
Javorniki Ridge from Rakov Škocjan (33.8 km, Δ=840 m)
If you love biking on gravel roads through beech forests (autumn colors could be beautiful), the Javorniki ridge might be just what you'’re looking for.
For everyone else: the ascent is pretty steep, and there are no views. Try Slivnica.
From Predjama to Stara Pošta on Hrušica (22 km, Δ=420 m)
Exploring Karst: Pliskovica – Tupelče (18.5 km, Δ=260 m)
Ermanovec from Trebija (15.3 km, Δ=530 m)
Abram (Nanos) from Vrhpolje (22.9 km, Δ=830 m)
Zadlog from Wild Lake (22.4 km, Δ=450 m)
Vojsko from Čekovnik (24.1 km, Δ=640 m)
Zakojca from Idrijca Valley (24.8 km, Δ=640 m)
Slivnica (on a Bike) (23.4 km, Δ=580 m)
Planinska Gora (on a Bike) (12.1 km, Δ=450 m)
While hiking towards Saint Mary'’s church on Planinska Gora, I thought to myself: “this should be doable on a bike.”
A few months later, I decided to test that hypothesis (TL&DR: barely) and found an unexpected dirt trail.