At a Glance
- A mix of asphalt and gravel roads with occasional steep ascents
- 1254 m
- Average time
- 3 h
- Elevation gain
- 720 m
- 28 km
- Park in Predmeja and bike to Čaven mountain hut
- Following the signs for Krnica and Trnovo, take the left (descending) gravel road.
- Continue on the gravel main road, which eventually turns into an asphalt one, until it brings you to a homestead in Krnica.
- Turn right onto a gravel road, which eventually morphs back to asphalt, indicating a very steep section ahead.
- The asphalt road brings you to a saddle above Smrečje with an excellent view of enormous spruce forests.
- After descending into the hollow, take the left fork at the junction next to the Smrečje information table.
- Follow the road through Smrekova Lazna (a large clearing in the forest) to the asphalt road leading to Mala Lazna.
- Descend to Mala Lazna, take a break, enjoy the views, and then use the asphalt road to return to Predmeja.
Map of the Route
The map shows the path we took as recorded by the GPS receiver. Never trust a GPS track wholeheartedly; rely on your senses and maps.