At a Glance
- A mix of asphalt and gravel roads
- 1242 m
- Average time
- 2 h
- Elevation gain
- 370 m
- 14 km
- Park next to the head of the hiking trails in Predmeja. There are also parking opportunities further up the road.
- Follow the asphalt road toward Lokve for 2.5 kilometers, then turn left onto a narrower gravel road (signs for Čaven)
- The ascent gradually becomes steeper, and when the gravel turns into an asphalt road, the going gets tough… fortunately not for long.
- Stop at the top of the ascent and enjoy the fantastic view of the Vipava valley – it’s much better than the view you’ll have from the mountain hut, which is just a few hundred meters further down the road.
Map of the Route
The map shows the path we took as recorded by the GPS receiver. Never trust a GPS track wholeheartedly; rely on your senses and maps.