At a Glance
- Steep ascent on asphalt road
- 755 m
- Average time
- 2.5 h
- Elevation gain
- 590 m
- 13 km
- Park in a large parking lot just outside of Most na Soči village.
- Return to the village center, cross the main road, and continue onto a narrow barely-visible descending road.
- Cross the Idrijca river and stay on the main road (following rare signs for Široko farm) until you reach a tiny rest area in Tolminski Lom.
- Take the left road, huff-and-puff for another half an hour, follow the signs for the Široko parking lot and enjoy the views.
According to OpenCycleMap, the hiking path from the train station might be wide enough for a mountain bike descent; unfortunately, an incoming thunderstorm made sure I couldn’t check it out.
Map of the Route
The map shows the path we took as recorded by the GPS receiver. Never trust a GPS track; rely on your senses and maps.