Biking from Idrijca Valley to Šentviška Gora (a plateau high above the valley) is nice; a roundtrip around the plateau is a beautiful experience. We’ll explore the sunny meadows and forests between Pečine and Šentviška Gora.
At a Glance
- A mix of somewhat steep asphalt- and gravel roads
- 840 m
- Average time
- 2 h
- Elevation gain
- 350 m
- 14 km
- Drive toward Šentviška Gora and park at a small parking lot next to the junction for Pečine.
- Bike toward Pečine and follow the main road through the village until you reach the top of the ascent.
- Turn right onto a narrower ascending road (direction Gor. Vrh)
- Stay on the main road until you reach a junction where it’s almost impossible to decide which fork to follow. Turn left onto a concrete road.
- Follow the concrete road (eventually turning to gravel) until you reach a junction leading into a hairpin. Take the hairpin (direction Jerovca), then follow the signs for Št. Gora until you get to another asphalt road.
- Turn right. When reaching the main road through Šentviška Gora, turn left toward the village center. Take a break and enjoy the view.
- Optional: visit the vista point in Zakraj.
- Use the main road to return to your car.
Map of the Route
The map shows the path we took as recorded by the GPS receiver. Never trust a GPS track wholeheartedly; rely on your senses and maps.