At a Glance
- Moderately steep asphalt roads. Gravel road between Mrzla Rupa and Vojsko.
- 1108 m
- Average time
- 3 h
- Elevation gain
- 640 m
- 24.1 km
Vojsko from Čekovnik
- I love Čekovnik, a village on the sunny southern slopes above upper Idrijca valley, but it’s hard to find a place to park somewhere along the road. We solved the problem by spending a few nights at Na Kupčku Estate (highly recommended)
- As you probably arrived from Idrija, keep biking in the same direction, and admire the views of Idrijca valley and nearby farmhouses.
- Once you reach the Idrija-Vojsko road, turn left and enjoy a more gradual ascent toward the Saint Joseph church in Vojsko.
You could return the same way or make a short detour to Mrzla Rupa (a saddle between Vojsko and Trnovski Gozd):
- From the parish church, follow the signs for Gorenja Trebuša.
- Take the leftmost asphalt road at every fork until you get to Mrzla Rupa (end of asphalt). Don’t rush; the views of Trnovski Gozd are spectacular.
- At Mrzla Rupa, take the leftmost gravel road to get back to the Idrija–Vojsko road. Turn right to start your descent toward Čekovnik.
Alternative Ascents to Vojsko
From Idrija: Park in the large public parking lot near the city center and follow the signs for Vojsko.
From Idrija via Čekovnik: Start in Idrija and take a detour through Čekovnik on the way there or back (adds at least 200 m elevation gain).
From Spodnja Idrija: Park near Kolektor/Hidria in Spodnja Idrija, follow the direction toward Oblakov Vrh. In Srednja Kanomlja, turn left onto a narrower road toward Vojsko.
Map of the Route
The map shows the path we took as recorded by the GPS receiver. Never trust a GPS track; rely on your senses and maps.