At a Glance
- Sparsely marked footpath. The first half of the hike is admiringly steep.
- 1314 m
- Average time
- Elevation gain
- 960 m
- Start at a large car park in Kal-Koritnica and follow the signs for Golobar along a rocky two-track that eventually turns right, transforms into a footpath, and brings you to a huge boulder blocking Soča.
- Use a hanging bridge to cross the river. Continue following the signs for Golobar and hiking waymarks. Although the waymarks tend to be sparse, there are signs at most forks. Whenever in doubt, take the path/track going up.
- Once you reach the edge of the first meadow, keep on the path to reach the second meadow of the Golobar pasture with a tiny WWI cemetery.
- From that meadow, follow the signs for Zaprikraj/Drežnica to reach the upper parts of the Golobar pasture and the Čez Utre saddle. Enjoy the views ;)
- We returned on the same path. In theory, you could descend into Čezsoča (another marked trail) and then use the paths along the Soča river to get back to the starting point.
Places to Eat and Stay
- We loved staying at Holiday House Natura and Chalet GoSlo.
- Getting good food in Bovec became harder since Dobra Vila restaurant closed down. Sovdat is the best option, Letni Vrt is not bad. Stay away from Martinov Hram unless you admire haughty waiters (see Google reviews for more details)
- We stopped by Metoja (in Soča village) once and it was an excellent choice. So was Topli Val in Kobarid.
Map of the Route
The map shows the path we took as recorded by the GPS receiver. Never trust a GPS track wholeheartedly; rely on your senses and maps.