At a glance
- Easy hike on wide footpaths
- 1103 m
- Average time
Ascent: 2 hours
Descent: 1.5 hours
Total: 4 hours
- Elevation gain
- 460 m
- At the northern edge of Log pod Mangartom village, follow the signs for Koritnica. Park immediately after the junction.
- Follow the road for a few hundred meters. At a large crucifix, turn slightly left onto a wide footpath going into the forest (signs: Loška Koritnica - Gorenja).
- The footpath is not marked but is pretty easy to follow. You’ll find signs at all junctions. Getting across meadows around cottages might require some rudimentary pathfinding skills.
- After a few kilometers, the footpath ends at the gravel road. Turn left and start following the red hiking waymarks and signs for Mangart until you reach a hunting hut with a fantastic view of Mangart and Jalovec.
- Return on the same path, or use the gravel road to stay closer to the river.
- We got sick-and-tired of the gravel road and decided to get back to the footpath. We followed the signs for Lukež; a short ascent brought us to a house next to the trail we used earlier.
Map of the Route
The map shows the path we took as recorded by the GPS receiver. Never trust a GPS track; rely on your senses and maps.