Hiking in Slovenia » Notranjska » Planina nad Vrhniko » Planina from KurenThe hike to Planina (Špica) from Kuren is an ideal weekend family hike. If you’re looking for something longer, start in Vrhnika or at Star Maln.
At a Glance
- Easy hike on a wide footpath – ideal for a short family trip
- 735 m
- Average time
- 1.5 h
- Elevation gain
- 230 m
In a Nutshell
- Park at a large parking lot close to Tourist Farm Kuren
- Take the narrow road toward the farm/St. Nicholas church.
- At the end of the asphalt road, continue straight onto a narrow dirt road, following signs for Planina
- You’ll reach the junction with the path from Stara Vrhnika in a few minutes. Keep going straight.
- In 30-45 minutes of easy walking on a well-marked wide footpath, you’ll reach the gravel road Zaplana–Planina. Turn left; the mountain hut at Planina is only a short walk away.
- Don’t forget to taste vrhniški štruklji at the mountain hut, or have a great lunch at the tourist farm Kuren.
Map of the Route
The map shows the path we took as recorded by the GPS receiver. Never trust a GPS track; rely on your senses and maps.