Hiking in Slovenia » Kamnik-Savinja Alps » Vratca above Češka kočaVratca (Doors) is a prominent rock pillar above Češka koča (Czech Hut) with a great view of the surrounding mountains. The last bit of the trail is well-protected Via Ferrata through a crumbling gully – a helmet is highly recommended.
At a Glance
- Easy hike from Češka koča followed by a short well-protected climb though a crumbling gully
- 1802 m
- Average time
- Elevation gain
- 800 m
In a Nutshell
- From Češka Koča follow the signs for Kočna/Grintovec
- Take the first fork toward Vratca (later sign: Stara Pot/old way). It’s much better to take this trail on the way up.
- Follow the waymarks across loose rocks and precarious scree.
- Enjoy the (semi)climbing experience through the gully and try not to trigger a rockslide.
- Follow an exposed trail to the top.
- Enjoy the view!
- On the way back, follow the most obvious path across the scree – it’s better to deal with loose gravel than rocks on the way down.
Map of the Route
The map shows the path we took as recorded by the GPS receiver. Never trust a GPS track; rely on your senses and maps.