At a Glance
- A steep mix of asphalt- and gravel roads
- 1175 m
- Average time
- 3.5 h
- Elevation gain
- 790 m
- 24 km
- In Col, follow the signs for Predmeja and park at a large parking lot near the church.
- Continue toward Predmeja and take a right turn toward Žagolič.
- Keep going straight for several kilometers until you hit a T-junction of gravel roads. Turn right.
- You might notice a small crucifix at the top of the ascent. Take a break; you deserved it.
- Be careful when crossing the Col-Godovič main road – some drivers think they’re on a racetrack.
- Follow the signs for Javornik until you reach the Pirnat Lodge.
- We skipped visiting the lodge. While it’s nice to have a specific goal, the view isn’t great, and the last bit of the road is disgustingly steep.
- Continue on the gravel road you used to ascend until you get to a 4-way junction. Turn right toward Vodice.
- Going straight or following an asphalt road going down will bring you almost to the spot where you left the car.
Map of the Route
The map shows the path we took as recorded by the GPS receiver. Never trust a GPS track wholeheartedly; rely on your senses and maps.