At a glance
- A mix of asphalt and gravel roads with a few short but disgustingly steep ascents
- 720 m
- Average time
- 2 h
- Elevation gain
- 400 m
- 18.6 km
- I decided to drive to the point where the road for Medvedje Brdo forks off the main road Logatec-Rovte (see starting point for coordinates).
- You could start at Logatec castle and follow the signs for Logaške Žibrše.
- Follow the signs for Pr Mihevc farm and L036 bike path to find the uphill asphalt road toward Logaške Žibrše.
- Asphalt turns into a gravel road above the farm. At the next T-junction, turn right if you’re interested in rare wildflowers (Drosera grows in the valley you’d bike through), or left (as I did) if you prefer great views.
- Just before the gravel road turns back into an asphalt one, turn right onto a narrower road.
- When you reach a farm on your right, keep going straight, following hiking waymarks toward Ravnik.
- At the next junction, turn right.
- After reaching another asphalt road, turn right and descend toward Hotedrščica. You might want to stop at that junction, chain the bike to a fence, and walk to the church of St. Barbara.
- After reaching the main road Logatec-Idrija in Hotedrščica, turn right toward Žejna Dolina just before the Turk inn.
- The road turns back into a gravel road after the last houses in Hotedrščica. Follow it to Rovtarske Žibrše.
- In Rovtarske Žibrše, turn left if you feel like having a pizza (or lunch) in Tavžentroža, or right if you’re in a hurry to get back.
Map of the Route
The map shows the path we took as recorded by the GPS receiver. Never trust a GPS track; rely on your senses and maps.