At a glance
- Enjoyable hike on marked dirt trails and footpaths
- 529 m
- Average time
Ascent: 45 minutes -- 1 hour
Descent: 30 minutes
Total: 2 hours
- Elevation gain
- 270 m
In a Nutshell
- Park at a large parking lot next to Gradišče camp.
- Follow signs for Plaz onto an ascending dirt trail.
- When the trail passes easily-climbable rocks, you might notice red dots on the rocks. If you’re reasonably athletic and not afraid of heights, try and climb them – after approximately 80 m, the climb will end at the marked footpath (warning: not suitable for kids unless you know how to spot or belay them).
- OK, so you’re not a climber. When you get to the next fork, take it. Seriously – you could take a footpath going right or keep on the rocky trail going left. They will both bring you to a lovely picnic spot in a pine forest.
- From the picnic spot, follow a slowly ascending footpath to the hilltop and enjoy the vista.
Regardless of which path you took to get to Plaz, you can make the trip a bit more interesting by taking the other one to return to Gradišče.