At a Glance
- Easy hours-long hike on a leisurely footpath
- 1028 m
- Average time
Ascent: 2 hours
Descent: 1 hour 30 minutes
Total: 4 hours
- Elevation gain
- 520 m
- We’ll start the hike at a large parking lot behind Prešnica. To get there, follow the red arrows and the signs for Slavnik along the main road through Prešnica, then turn right at the Parking sign.
- Follow the red signs for Slavnik along the asphalt road, under the railway, onto a gravel road, and finally onto a footpath disappearing into the forest.
- The waymarks will safely guide you along the path. Stop at a halfway vista point (razgled) with phenomenal views of Slovenian Istria.
- When you reach the first gravel road, cross it and continue on a dirt trail. Stay on that trail until it ends at a gravel road at the start of expansive meadows just below the peak.
- Turn left onto the gravel road, and as soon as you spot the radio tower and the mountain hut directly ahead, take any trail leading there.
- Enjoy the views!
Years ago, I made a mistake and decided to return via Podgorje. The descent to Podgorje was fun; after that, I was “blessed” with an hour of slogging along a gravel road. Never again.
Map of the Route
The map shows the path we took as recorded by the GPS receiver. Never trust a GPS track; rely on your senses and maps.