At a glance
- Asphalt roads with occasional steeper ascents
- 404 m
- Average time
- 2 h
- Elevation gain
- 520 m
- 18.3 km
- There’s a large parking lot in the center of Marezige
- To get from Trsek to Popetre, take a sharp left turn at the beginning of the village (there’s no sign).
- Near the bus stop in Popetre, go straight toward Gradišče (longer) or left toward Lopar (what I did)
- If you decide to return to Marezige via Gradišče, drop by Kubed to see a rare pentagonal church tower.
- Locals are recommending the Karjola restaurant in Marezige.
- Recommended stay: Holiday House Ida in Marezige
Map of the Route
The map shows the path we took as recorded by the GPS receiver. Never trust a GPS track; rely on your senses and maps.